FILLING HOURS OF ADORATION
A meeting was held prior to the dedication day for those who were interested in taking hours of adoration. As there were 168 people needed to fill the 24 hours every day and 243 responded, that was no problem then, nor has there been in the past 26 years. Some people take two nightly hours. Since that date, names have changed, some folks have passed away, young couples have moved in, and the calendar on the wall that shows who takes each hour has never been empty. The 8th-grade students at Holy Rosary have been active in doing their part to keep the chapel thriving as part of their community and spiritual service.
One ministerial project that takes place in the Adoration Chapel honoring the Blessed Sacrament is that cards (sympathy, get well, etc.) are signed by those who come to pray for others in need. These cards go out to both Catholics and those of other faiths and have brought much comfort to the recipients.
A VISITOR'S STORY
There are many stories about the good that has come from the hours before the Blessed Sacrament. Juanita Yates, a visitor, wrote and noted she had heard the new lake was credited for Monroe City's several industries and thriving community. She begged to add an additional reason: "Monroe City is thriving - not just because of the giant turbo engines roaring away at the Clarence Cannon Dam - but also because of the mighty power generated by people like the farmer I saw, on his knees, all alone, in the middle of the night, praying in the Adoration Chapel."
Our Eucharistic Adoration Chapel is open 24/7 from Sunday following 9:30 a.m. Mass until Saturday before the 5:30 p.m. Mass. If you would like to take an hour on a permanent basis or be a substitute for any hour or a specific hour, please contact anyone on the committee.
- Bob Kendrick - Hour Captain for 1:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m. (573) 248-7361 or (573) 735-2607
- Peggy Spalding - Hour Captain for 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. (573) 248-8952 or (573) 735-4743
- Madeline Williams - Hour Captain for 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (573) 248-8952 or (573) 735-4743
- Pat Kendrick - Hour Captain for 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (573) 823-8579
- Marie Purol - Hour Captain for 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (573) 881-1918 or 573) 725-4400
- Mary Davis - Hour Captain for 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (573) 470-1971 or (573) 735-4362
- Marilyn Miles - Hour Captain for 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (573 406-8385 or (573) 735-2981
- Phyllis Campbell - Hour Captain for 10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. (573) 795-2290 or (573) 722-7805
"The time spent with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the best time spent anywhere on earth. Each moment that is spent with Jesus will deepen our union with Him and make our souls everlastingly more glorious and beautiful in Heaven, and will help bring about everlasting peace on earth." -Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta